Honest Critiques

No, I mean it. REAL honest. Email your excerpts or full stories, up to 1000 words or so, to honestcrits [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk. Synopses would also be welcome. My backlog is so daunting now that I recommend not submitting anything you are not prepared to wait a couple of months for a response on.
  • Click here to find out what this blog is all about.
  • Monday, December 19, 2005

    I'm back...

    ...from here.

    Am I terribly pleased to be back in chilly, grimy London? Not so's you'd notice. But it's Christmas soon and so just four more days in the office until another little break.

    However, I am full of beans; replete, bean-wise; awash with the legumes; I may indeed have cornered the world bean market, so any feelings of bean-deficiency you may be experiencing can probably be attributed thus. I'll just get my house in order at the office, so to speak, and will be back to your submissions very soon.

    By the way, the book is pretty much done, just requiring a good look at the design and copyediting done in my absence, so that seems to have gone over OK... phew!

    On my hols, I got through a whole stack of reading - the good (The Sweet Forever; Infinite Jest; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time; The Physiognomy), the bad (The Bourne Supremacy; The Apocalypse Watch; The Hundredth Man) and the abysmally bad (The Taking). I might bore you all with my thoughts on them some time...
    Torgo, 10:33 pm

    13 Comments:

    Ludlum and Foster-Wallace in one trip?

    Can't that give you the literary bends?

    Sorry to hear you confirm what I've read about the latest Koontz, though. Not a big fan of comtemporary mysteries and even less enamoured with present day supernatural, but after stumbling across 'Midnight' and some early Koontz in a dark and lonely place, I became a fan.

    Welcome back!
    Blogger Brady Westwater, at 8:56 am  
    Sorry - just realized that wasn't the latest Koontz - which has also gotten some very poor reviews.
    Blogger Brady Westwater, at 8:59 am  
    Welcome back. Glad to hear that the Master didn't ruin this vacation.
    Blogger Mad Scientist Matt, at 12:57 am  
    Dare I ask how or why you are all legumed out?

    Glad you're back. I was afraid the Easter Island thingy was going to disappear again!
    Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun, at 1:54 am  
    We're delighted you're back.
    Sounds like a nice pleasure mix.
    May we call you Old Bean now?
    Blogger Bernita, at 9:48 pm  
    Welcome back from paradise
    Blogger McKoala, at 2:56 am  
    This is a test.
    Blogger Torgo, at 4:06 am  
    Like you, I was less than thrilled with The Hundredth Man. I'm just so tired of brilliant maniacs.
    Blogger Jena, at 7:56 pm  
    Nag.
    A year later...
    Nag.
    Nag.
    Blogger Bernita, at 12:52 pm  
    So, are you going to start critiques again? You've had your rest now snap to it! Just kidding (sort of)...
    Blogger M. C. Pearson, at 10:08 pm  
    TorGO ?TorGONE ?
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 pm  
    Time torgo back to work?
    Blogger McKoala, at 3:50 am  
    Yea, rightttt...Okay, that does it, I'm holding my breath! :-)
    Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun, at 11:23 pm  

    Add a comment