Honest Critiques

No, I mean it. REAL honest. Email your excerpts or full stories, up to 1000 words or so, to honestcrits [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk. Synopses would also be welcome. My backlog is so daunting now that I recommend not submitting anything you are not prepared to wait a couple of months for a response on.
  • Click here to find out what this blog is all about.
  • Tuesday, November 22, 2005

    Remember me?

    Hello chums.

    Remember that writing job I was on? It's turned out to be trickier and more of an all-round pain in the neck than anyone had suspected at the time, or even last time I complained about it in similar terms. I've barely even been in the office for the last month - chasing around London interviewing people and tracking down odd bits of information.

    The current situation is this: I've got until the end of November to finish. With only about half of the 64 pages filled, it's going to be a long and busy week or so for me; and then I'm off on the 4th of December for a well-earned holiday for two weeks.

    I'll certainly be back on a more regular basis in mid-December, when the jobs that are currently keeping me busy in lunch-breaks and evenings will all be finished. I can't promise anything new to read before I go away, but I'll try my best.

    On a happier note, Honest Critiques and Torgoblog between them recently clocked up 25,000 page impressions. Even considering that about half of those are me opening my web browser with Torgoblog as my home page, I'm very grateful to everyone who reads, and continues to read; and, most importantly, continues to write.
    Torgo, 8:42 pm

    12 Comments:

    Gee, I didn't think I'd clicked on, hoping, THAT many times...
    Blogger Bernita, at 9:34 pm  
    Congrats on the page loads, And good luck finishing with the work. You enjoy that vacation.
    Blogger Phoenixwaller, at 10:58 pm  
    Yeah, lots of clicks here too. But not in a creepy way...
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 am  
    I'll do it in a creepy way, then, just because someone should be keeping the Easter Island statue company.
    -Barbara (still can't remember my password)
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 am  
    Good to hear from you. Now I can stop checking The Times' obits.
    Blogger Brady Westwater, at 6:41 am  
    We'll still be here.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 am  
    LOL - I'm cracking up at the stalkers on here. Aw, hell - I'll join in.

    Can't wait to see you back here with more informative comments!

    Rhonda
    Blogger Rhonda Helms, at 7:29 pm  
    Hello from stalker #9...yikes!!! I hope I haven't clicked that many times. I think between the few of us that made a comment that probably accounts for maybe half!!

    Hope you get your work done well and expediently...we miss you!!:-)
    Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun, at 7:58 pm  
    Hope it all works out well and you can have a fun and relaxing holiday!
    Blogger M. C. Pearson, at 3:52 am  
    Half the pleasure for me is other people's comments. Thank you, Dave, for the giggle. As Bonnie would say, "word pictures!"
    Blogger Bernita, at 2:42 pm  
    So, Bernita, are you suggesting that in the absence of Torgo, we just stalk one another...

    Have a fab holiday, by the way, Torgo. There's nothing better than escaping for a while.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 pm  
    Koala, you can do whatever turns you on, of course. It was a simple compliment to Dave.
    Blogger Bernita, at 4:41 pm  

    Add a comment