Honest Critiques

No, I mean it. REAL honest. Email your excerpts or full stories, up to 1000 words or so, to honestcrits [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk. Synopses would also be welcome. My backlog is so daunting now that I recommend not submitting anything you are not prepared to wait a couple of months for a response on.
  • Click here to find out what this blog is all about.
  • Thursday, October 13, 2005

    Hiatus

    Hello everyone,

    I'm over the 'flu, which is nice. It's rampaging around the office - coughing, stuffy people everwhere. However, I'm not posting for a bit.

    We have a book scheduled for next year that absolutely can't be late. It needs to go out to repro (i.e., text and design all done prior to proofing) in about a month's time. Unfortunately, the editor who was writing the text is leaving, with about 50 pages still to do. I got asked today if I could step in, drop everything else, and write the remainder of the text within the next two weeks. It's not quite NaNoWriMo, but it's close...

    So, I'm sorry, but I'll have to put the site on hold until it's done. Apologies to everyone who's waiting.

    When I'm back, I'm going to bump a few people up the list who are regular readers and commenters on the site, as otherwise I wouldn't get to them for a while and it seems fairer to them.

    In the meantime, why not check out some of the free Science Fiction currently available on the web? Or read the best historical fiction ever ... some really good detective stories ... or something more literary?

    See you soon!
    Torgo, 9:22 pm

    14 Comments:

    Now, I feel sick...
    Good luck with the project.
    Blogger Bernita, at 11:08 pm  
    Noooooooooo. I was so close. Sigh. Glad you got rid of the pip.

    Anybody want to predict a Debut Dagger winner? Entries look good this year. Course, I may be a bit biased since my best friend is shortlisted for the third year in a row. Plus he won LitIdol in March. Uh-oh. Guess I gave that away, didn't I?

    Diana
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 am  
    Keep well; keep writing. Will miss you.

    Koala
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 am  
    It's a great blog you have here. See you when you get back. :)

    Linda
    Blogger Linda, at 12:59 am  
    glad you're better. And good luck finishing up with that other project.
    Blogger Phoenixwaller, at 3:04 am  
    Glad you're better. Work well! We'll just lurk around the page waiting for you to come back! I can spend the time rewriting! :-)
    Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun, at 3:47 am  
    Good luck with the project.I look forward to your rapid return- and so does my small grey cat Pippin.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 am  
    Sorry to hear that you'll be gone for a while and under so much pressure. Hope the book turns out great!
    Blogger M. C. Pearson, at 2:06 am  
    Ten days crossed off...
    Blogger Bernita, at 5:38 pm  
    Glad I found this blog, but sorry I found it while you're on hiatus. I've got your feed now though, so I'll patiently wait until you get back.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 pm  
    Wow...I miss the Easter Island thingy. It sorta' added a layer of mystic! Or did it just desert you because you disappeared?
    Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun, at 2:08 am  
    Hope the job is going well...Will check back again soon.
    Blogger M. C. Pearson, at 6:59 am  
    Fifteen days crossed off...
    Blogger Bernita, at 3:20 pm  
    Well Torgo, has it is said, no good deed ever goes unpunished. Shall send along my reised first chapter and wait in line. Any hints about the bookthat is taking up your time? Ann
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 pm  

    Add a comment