Honest Critiques

No, I mean it. REAL honest. Email your excerpts or full stories, up to 1000 words or so, to honestcrits [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk. Synopses would also be welcome. My backlog is so daunting now that I recommend not submitting anything you are not prepared to wait a couple of months for a response on.
  • Click here to find out what this blog is all about.
  • Tuesday, February 21, 2006

    Short Stories

    Two new crits below.

    I've also been sitting on two short stories for a while - A Game at Chess and In a Dark Time. I can't really post them in full without that constituting 'publication' so I suggest the best thing for the authors is that they post them in Absolute Write's password-protected Share Your Work forum. Once they're up, I'll post thoughts about them here.

    I'm so bored with having to keep logging in to a file-hosting service every few weeks to keep the Easter Island statue from disappearing off their server. So, please consider the statue on holiday. Perhaps he is walking the earth, solving mysteries, reuniting families, and possibly competing in secret underground bare-knuckle kickboxing tourneys in order to save the life of his feckless kid brother. (I did have this idea once for a TV series in which the late lamented Ol' Dirty Bastard would drift from town to town doing good works but being pursued by the cops, inspired by the real-life incident in which he rescued a child from a burning car. It would've been called The Dirtiest Hobo. Sadly, it was not to be.)
    Torgo, 1:47 pm

    1 Comments:

    Okay for you!!LOL..I'm going to give the easter Island thingy a spot in my 4th novel....so it will be a star and can go on tour instead of just roaming around. LOL
    Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun, at 4:05 am  

    Add a comment