Honest Critiques

No, I mean it. REAL honest. Email your excerpts or full stories, up to 1000 words or so, to honestcrits [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk. Synopses would also be welcome. My backlog is so daunting now that I recommend not submitting anything you are not prepared to wait a couple of months for a response on.
  • Click here to find out what this blog is all about.
  • Thursday, August 18, 2005

    Inundated

    Hello everyone.

    So, I now have more than 25 things awaiting critique. I credit the Statue. I'm going to try to do one a day, so reckon three weeks now from submitting things and hopefully I'll do better than that.

    I suppose if I keep getting things at the rate of four or five a day, I'll have to think about a week's submissions moratorium, but it's not too bad right now.

    I hope this is a useful experiment for everybody who's reading this. It is certainly proving to be useful for me. It's making me think very hard about how to respond to people who I would normally be able to blow off with a form rejection note, and that can't be a bad thing. If it were to make a few authors think more carefully and in a more informed way about how editors are going to respond to their work, that would be excellent.
    Torgo, 8:15 pm

    5 Comments:

    Take heart, man. You're doing a great thing.

    And don't worry... we writers are used to waiting far longer than three weeks for a response. :-)

    Good luck and happy critting!
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 am  
    I knew I should have sent you something already. *grin*
    Blogger Gabriele Campbell, at 3:56 am  
    I really appreciate what you are doing. I sold a couple of short stories, poems - then cancer and I am just now beginning again. Also, I am 1500 miles from my old writing group. Thank you, Joyce
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 am  
    Writers need feedback.It's as simple as that.You sound constructive.You sound as though you know what you're talking about. Thanks for taking it on.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 am  
    Thanks for the nice thoughts, everyone, and I'm glad to be helpful if I can.
    Blogger Torgo, at 9:55 pm  

    Add a comment