Honest Critiques

No, I mean it. REAL honest. Email your excerpts or full stories, up to 1000 words or so, to honestcrits [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk. Synopses would also be welcome. My backlog is so daunting now that I recommend not submitting anything you are not prepared to wait a couple of months for a response on.
  • Click here to find out what this blog is all about.
  • Monday, August 22, 2005

    Funny and not so funny

    Point yourself over here - it made me laugh, anyway.

    The site is still knackered in various significant ways, after my massive hubris in fiddling with some browser settings and declaring it fixed. In doing so I have in fact probably re-broken it in a subtle and cunning manner that would be the envy of malicious hackers everywhere. So I may have to look at getting a new template or a new web address somewhere. My brother, who is to IT what Michael Bay is to bad movies, is on the case.
    Torgo, 7:32 pm

    9 Comments:

    And I thought I was having way too much fun with my computer. Ann
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 pm  
    Most of it looks OK, but your apostrophes and quote marks look like a bunch of weird symbols.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 pm  
    Well, actually, it's just Stranger's first short story. Further down everything seems OK.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:43 pm  
    Rather looks like those symbols in the comics for swearing.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 pm  
    I fell like I'm missing out on all the fun! Everything looks fine on my screen. Question marks, quotes, apostrophes, all have a normal appearance. Maybe it's me, yee-gads, maybe I'm so weird that eveything strange looks normal!
    Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun, at 11:08 pm  
    It's all part of a fiendish plot, Bonnie.
    More crits to come tomorrow.
    Blogger Torgo, at 12:38 am  
    Scary... I see some errors, but not many. Site is most interesting though, I look forward to reading more! Do keep posting!
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 pm  
    It is the estimable Phoenix linking to me in the comments thread of PW - thanks Phoenix.
    Blogger Torgo, at 9:08 pm  
    Very interesting.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 pm  

    Add a comment